|Exam Board||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Exam Name||Sub Inspector/Platoon Commander Competitive Examination|
Scheme & Syllabus of Examination
- There will be two question papers in RPSC Sub Inspector exam, in which Question Paper-I will be of Hindi subject and Question paper-II will be of general Knowledge and General Science subject.
- The question paper of Hindi subject will be objective type and will be of maximum 200 marks.
- The question paper of General Knowledge and General Science subject will be objective type and will be of maximum 200 marks.
|Subject||General Knowledge and General Science|
|Paper Language||Hindi & English|
|Time Duration||2 Hours|
- The question paper will have 100 multiple choice type questions.
- All questions will be of equal marks.
- Each question will be of 2 marks.
- There will be negative marking in the evaluation.
- 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer during evaluation.
Subject of Rajasthan Police Sub Inspector Exam Question Paper-I
- 1. History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- 2. Indian History
- 3. Geography of World
- 4. Geography of India
- 5. Geography of Rajasthan
- 6. Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- 7. Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- 8. Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- 9. Economy of Rajasthan
- 10. Science & Technology
- 11. Reasoning & Mental Ability
- 12. Current Affairs
1. History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration.
- Salient features of Architecture- Forts and Monuments.
- Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthan literature. Local Dialects.
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
2. Indian History
- Ancient & Medieval Period:-
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major, Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
- Modern Period:-
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
3. Geography of World
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
4. Geography of India
- Broad Physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
- Minerals- Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation- major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
5. Geography of Rajasthan
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Natural Resource of Rajasthan.
- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- Major irrigation projects.
- Mines and Minerals.
- Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
6. Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution:-
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble
- Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State (DPSP)
- Fundamental Duties
- Federal Structure
- Constitutional Amendments
- Emergency Provisions
- Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
- Indian Political System and Governance:-
- Nature of Indian State
- Democracy in India
- Reorganization of States
- Coalition Governments
- Political Parties
- National Integration
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary.
- Supreme Court
- Election Commission
- Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG)
- Planning Commission
- National Development Council
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC)
- Central Information Commission (CIC)
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj.
- Public Policy & Right:-
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
7. Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Chief Minister (CM)
- State Assembly
- High Court
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)
- District Administration
- State Human Rights Commission
- State Election Commission
- State Information Commission.
- Public Policy Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
- Knowledge about crimes against women and children and legal provisions/rules relating to it.
8. Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Basic Concepts of Economics:-
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development.
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration.
- Stock Exchange and Share Market.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
- Public Distribution System. (PDS)
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism.
- Economic Development & Planning:-
- 5 Year Plans- Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives, Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
- Human Resource and Economic Development:-
- Human Development Index. (HDI)
- Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
- Social Justice and Empowerment:-
- Provisions for Weaker Sections.
9. Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers.
10. Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Nano Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with Special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan.
11. Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):-
- Statement and Assumptions
- Statement and Argument
- Statements and Conclusion
- Courses of Action
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Mental Ability:-
- Number series
- Letter series
- Odd man out
- Problems relating to Relations
- Shapes and their sub sections.
- Basic Numeracy:-
- Elementary Knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System
- Order of Magnitude
- Ratio and Proporation
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Data Analysis (Table, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
12. Current Affairs
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance.
- Persons and Places in recent news.
- Games and Sports related Activities.