|Exam Board||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Exam Name||Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive (Mains) Examination|
Scheme & Syllabus of Examination
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through the examination but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same marks as may be fixed by the commission for any lower will be admitted to the Main Examination.
- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive/ analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary Level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
|Paper Language||Hindi & English|
|Paper Type||Written Exam|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
Paper-III (General Knowledge and General Studies)
- Unit-I (Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs)
- Unit-II (Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management)
- Unit-III (Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law)
Unit-I (Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs)
- Constitution of India: Framing, Features, Amendments, Basic Structure.
- Ideological Contents: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Institutional Framework-I: Parliamentary System, President, Prime Minister (PM) and Council of Ministers, Parliament.
- Institutional Framework-II: Federalism, Centre-State relations, Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
- Institutional Framework-III: Election Commission of India (ECI), Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), NITI Aayog, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission (CIC), National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Political Dynamics: Role of Caste, Religion, Class, Ethnicity, Language and Gender in Indian Politics, Politics, Political Parties and Electoral Behaviour, Civil Society and Political Movement, Issues related to National Integrity and Security, Potential areas of Socio-Political Conflicts.
- State Politics of Rajasthan: Party System, Political Demography, Different phases of Political competition in Rajasthan, Panchayati Raj and Urban Self Government Institutions.
- Emerging World order in the post Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, Dynamics of International Economy, International Terrorism and Environmental issues.
- Foreign Policy of India: Evolution, Determinants, India’s relations with USA, China, Russia, European Union and Neighbouring Countries, India’s role in UN, NAM, BRICS, G-20, G-77 and SAARC.
- Geo-political and Strategic issues in South Asia, South East Asia, West Asia and Far-East and their impact on India.
- Current Affairs: Current events, persons and places of Rajasthan, National and international importance, recent activities related to games and sports.
Unit-II (Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management)
- Administration and Management: Meaning, nature and significance, Its role in developed and developing societies. Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline, New Public Administration, Approaches to the study of Public Administration.
- Concepts of Power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility and delegation.
- Principles of Organization: Hierarchy, Span of Control and Unity of Command.
- Functions of Management, Corporate governance and social responsibility.
- New dimensions of New Public Management, Change Management.
- Attitude and Values of Civil Services: ethics, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, dedication to public service, relationship between Generalists and Specialists.
- Control over Administration: Legislative, Executive and Judicial-Various Means and Limitations.
- Administrative setup, administrative culture in Rajasthan: Governor, Chief Minister (CM), Council of Ministers, State Secretariat, Directorates and Chief Secretary.
- District Administration: organization, role of District Collector and District Magistrate (DM), Superintendent of Police (SP), Sub-divisional and Tehsil administration.
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope and Characteristics.
- State Human Rights Commission (SHRC), Rajasthan Guaranteed Delivery of Public Services Act, 2011 and Rajasthan Right to Hearing Act, 2012.
Unit-III (Sports and Yoga, Behavior and Law)
- Part-A (Sports and Yoga)
- Part-B (Behavior)
- Part-C (Law)
Part-A (Sports and Yoga)
- Sports Policies of India and Rajasthan State.
- Sports Authority of India and Rajasthan State Sports Council.
- National and Rajasthan State level Awards for Sports.
- Yoga- Positive way of life.
- Eminent Sports personalities of India.
- First Aid and Rehabilitation.
- Participation of Indian Sports Persons in Olympics, Asian Games, Common Wealth Games and Para-Olympic Games.
- Intelligence: Cognitive intelligence, Social and Emotional intelligence, Cultural intelligence, Spiritual intelligence.
- Personality: Traits and Types, Determinants of personality and Assessment of personality.
- Learning and Motivation: Styles of learning, Models of memory, Causes of forgetting, Assessment of motivation.
- Stress and Management: Nature, Types, Sources, Symptoms, Effects, Stress Management, Promotion of Mental Health.
- Concepts of Law: Ownership and Possession, Personality, Liability, Rights and Duties.
- Contemporary Legal Issues: Right to Information, Information Technology Law including cyber crimes (concepts, purpose, prospects), Intellectual Property Rights (concepts, types, purpose).
- Crimes against Women and Children: Domestic Violence, Sexual Harassment at work place, The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, Laws related to child labour.
- The Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007.
- Important Land Laws in Rajasthan: Rajasthan Land Revenue Act, 1956; Rajasthan Tenancy Act, 1955.